Blog review (1) dionhinchcliffe.com

I was curious about Dion Hinchcliffe’s blog https://dionhinchcliffe.com/ in particular because of his tech focus and because he is based near Alexandria, Virginia, and so am I! The first thing I noticed is how much information is presented in very small typeface. Something I want to exploit effectively in my blog (eventually) is the creative use of graphics and links to present whatever I’m presenting in an appealing and engaging way.

All writing does not have to entertain, but in this world of millions of blogs, YouTube, and Instagram, I think information (even complex, in-depth information) should be presented in a modern way. Mr. Hinchcliffe has long, complex sentences and long paragraphs. Yes, blogs are logs, but I believe the most effective ones are interactive (beyond imbedded links to other articles and links to prior posts). His blog certainly appeals to those already deep into the tech-in-business field. I plan to learn how to appeal to newbies and younger techies as well

I appreciated Mr. Hinchcliffe’s links to other interesting, related articles from within his writing. I have a thing, though, about clicking on an embedded link and it taking me to a new site. I want a new page to open up. Who says I’m done with the previous page or that I’m going to read articles only in  a linear fashion? (Read this, now done, then read that.) I jump around and I don’t think I’m the only one.

Additionally, long articles scream out for an abstract. Even deep-in-it business techies can be pressed for time and could benefit from an opportunity to get the highlights.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inspiring, inexpensive journals

Artificial Intelligence and You

Comparing Social Media Sites & What's Skype and IM?